Saturday, July 22, 2006

New TasteTV Host


Greetings! My name is Laurie Gauguin, one of the newest hosts on TasteTV. You’ve probably seen a few of my segments on the network, and I thought you might want to know a little bit about me.

I’m a chef and have worked in professional kitchens for the past 10 years. I’ve been hired to cook everything from fat-free vegan meals to decadent 5-course banquets. The past several years I’ve focused on pastries, after going back to school then apprenticed under a French pastry chef. So, I guess you can say I’ve done it all.

At times I’ve been challenged to coax flavors out of a limited variety of ingredients. Other times I’ve had every rich, decadent ingredient at my disposal and have been given carte blanche to make whatever I wanted. But, whatever a chef is getting hired to cook at the time, it’s always important to have a broad view of the culinary spectrum. My diverse professional background helps me to appreciate, and offer insight to, many styles of cuisine.

There are a lot of great things in store for TasteTV, and I’m excited to be a part of the lineup. I’m located here in San Francisco, and I can’t think of a better place to be. The abundance of farmers, vintners and artisan food producers is astounding and inspiring. Join us as we interview wine makers, watch cooking demonstrations from the hottest chefs and bring you inside some of the most renowned restaurants in the nation.

If you haven’t already seen it, tune into my “PS Chocolates” interview on “Chocolate Television” and watch me sample some incredible truffles and talk chocolate with Peter Schmitt, owner of PS Chocolates. There’s always something great happening on TasteTV, so tune in!


technorati tags:, , , , ,
, , , ,
Restaurant Reviews,
,


No comments: