Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Excited to Join the Family!!





Hello Everyone,
I'm Falan Taylor- author of "Housewife Cuisine", self-published May 6, 2006.
I am very excited to be joining the TasteTV family. Here is a little bit about me:

I have a unique approach to cooking. Having never been formally trained at a top culinary school, I have earned culinary skills at home and distance learning opportunities such as Gourmet Cooking courses online. It's actually possible to learn to cook from home, and I did this by watching endless hours of cooking shows and distance learning course. I now have the opportunity to take cooking classes in Austin when ever I get the chance.
I have lived in both Italy and Germany during the past 4 years and it's been a world-wind of a ride- professionally. Having been around so many styles of cuisine. Styles that I had never been exposed to in America. I'm only 21 years old- turing 22 this August.

I moved to Europe with my husband when I was just 17 years old. He was in the Navy at the time and I was a high school senior. The military bases in Italy would not allow me to complete my education at their civilian school because of my marriage to my husband at that age. I had to find alternative options to graduating on time. I found homeschool to be the option for me and after being rejected from that school. I decided that if I could find a course for cooking from home after high school, then I would never be denied an education again for any reason.

This is when I came up with Housewife Cuisine. I thought it would be a great idea to show other women that you can teach yourself to be a great cook from home, through distance learning, cooking shows or cookbooks.

It takes great determination to teach yourself anything. I wanted to share my experiences with the world. I designed my own website www.housewifecuisine.com and wrote a cookbook with all the recipes I collected over the past few years. Even though my cookbook is self-published, I still dream big, REALLY BIG! Like many other self published books, there are slight errors- but you should get the idea that I'm trying to convey.

My cooking show, "Housewife Cuisine w/ Falan Taylor" is going to be apart of the Indie Food Channel's line up and I am oh-so grateful for this opportunity to tell my story through the kitchen.

If you only learn one thing in life from me, I would like you to learn that dreaming BIG will open doors that you never imagined. In less than one year, or nearly 6 months, I have gone from having everyone and their momma telling me that writing this book will NOT have any benefits instead of financial ruin and heartache. They also said I would not get my cooking show because things like that just don't happen to people like me( what ever that means). Well I am living proof that it does happen like that some time. What is there to life if you have no dreams, no goals, or anything to look forward too?

Dream BIG and Dream hard you can get there.

Falan Taylor

No comments: